02 March 2007

Red, I'm seeing red

Sometimes the color of plants you think you know well can be shocking.

redrose.jpg P_cynaroides.jpg

New growth on this old hybrid tea rose is particularly striking, especially in contrast with the bleached old canes, but the stems and scleropyllous leaf margins on the Protea cynaroides aren't bad either.

By the way I finally caved and paid flickr to become a "pro," which won't make me a good photographer, but will allow you to see more detail in the mediocre photographs I've taken with the new camera. This Bilbergia's worth looking at larger than life.

Bilbergia nutans

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger chuck b. said...

It turns out I have Bilbergia nutans too. I didn't really pay attention when I bought it last year for half-off. I thought it was just a random bromeliad. It's like "bromeliad-plus".

4/16/2007 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2006