23 March 2007

Furious

Things are really moving now. I was out contemplating the idea of blackness yesterday:

blackness.jpg

when I turned around and noticed a huge spike on the Beschorneria rigida, out of nowhere.

AWWWYEAH.jpg

You are just going to take my word for how stupendously exciting this is. Until it blooms. Then you will see. And then I turned around again and the first Fritillaria meleagris appeared.

firstfrit.jpg

Complete with aphid, of course. Anyway, I'm starting to get excited.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

Those are great pics! The aphid on the Fritilleria is a cool touch...

I'm enjoying your blog.I am adding your blog to my gardening blog links.

3/26/2007 5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Kate. When I uploaded the picture I was thinking, "how stupid is this green aphid to think he can hide on the purple-brown fritillaria?" Then I realized I never saw it when I was taking the picture...

3/26/2007 6:28 PM  
Blogger chuck b. said...

You have many lemons.

3/31/2007 9:51 PM  
Blogger lisa said...

Wow...I always wanted to get a fritilleria to bloom, but so far nothing. Nice shot!

9/06/2007 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2006