23 May 2007

A cautionary tale

Orlaya grandiflora (the white one) is kind of like the bastard child of Queen Anne's Lace and a lacecap hydrangea (though obviously unrelated to the latter).

I didn't have a plan for it, so I just strewed (past tense?) the seeds somewhat randomly and kind of forgot about them since they never seemed to come up. Only after I got too lazy to weed did the coarse carrot-y things I'd been pulling all over the place (except of course where I remember strewing the Orlaya seeds) turn out to be the plants that I wanted in the first place.

It's not a spectacular plant, but it's a good filler, and the bugs love it of course.

Update: it was driving me crazy, so I had to look it up: strewed is right.


Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger genuisscuffy said...

Loved your blog - pictures of the flowers are amazing.

5/27/2007 1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks! I'm not really much of a photographer, but a decent digital camera and a little photoshop go a long way. Also, flowers.

5/31/2007 10:46 PM  
Blogger lisa said...

I think it looks really nice, especially with the blue!

6/28/2007 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2006