12 October 2006

Death Comes to the Salvia

Ironic that these salvias are looking their best on the week they are to be sacrificed. But they must die that the raised bed may live.

The hideous purple is Salvia leucophylla leucantha. I'm not entirely sure the hummingbirds won't peck my eyes out when I destroy it. They've taken exception to pruning attempts in the past.

I'm going to try to save the red S. elegans twining through the fuchsia in the foreground and move it to the front, but I have low expectations.


Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This salvia looks like leucantha.
Are you sure it is leucophylla?
I would hate for you to sacrifice the wrong shrub.

10/12/2006 6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duh, you're right.

10/12/2006 7:09 PM  
Blogger Niblets said...

Plants always look their best when you've finally decided to off them. It's a survival thing. Then, if you decide to spare them, they immediately go intoa decline.

10/12/2006 9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10/13/2006 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2006