21 September 2006

Houseplants

Houseplants aren't that exciting, but this may be the happiest Phalaenopsis I've ever seen. Not, of course, because of anything I've done for it.

Anyway, despite my inattention, the garden is hanging in there, waiting for the rain with variable impatience, or none at all in the case of the "California fuschia" below. The plant form is a little sloppy, but you can't complain about the abundant flowering this time of year.

E_canum.jpg (Surrounded by dead Nigella, red Pelargonium, Alyssum, and Yarrow).

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger chuck b. said...

My one of my favorite plants is a houseplant...this huge spathephylla I got for free doing some volunteer work where noone else wanted it. It's got big thick stems wandering off from the pot with dry-red papery bands where the old leaves fell, and it makes pleasant white spathe flowers all year long. I just love that plant. I'm going to go give it some MiracleGro right now.

9/22/2006 9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2006