12 May 2006

Dork 2.0

Although this blog is not so much "designed", I did think, briefly, about how to make it work. This entailed using some exotic new technologies instead of the dread "static content" to put together the sidebar to your right. Namely: flickr, del.icio.us, and Google Reader. Flickr is more or less self-explanatory, but I have been screwing around with the other two.

I have been trying to make del.icio.us a kind of subject index for this blog, and while it doesn't quite work the way I want it to, the results might be useful in the future. All along I've been using it to display a constantly updated list of interesting links. del.icio.us is not quite on the change-your-life level of TiVo, but it's not far away.

Google Reader is also approaching Tivo: over the years I've used Thunderbird, My Yahoo!, and even Kinja (I know, I was the only one) to try to keep track of the internets. Thunderbird was starting to work pretty well for me, but Google Reader is portable and it lets you do something I've wanted to do for approximately ever: publish an updated list of feeds instead of a blogroll (see right). Or you can share a list directly at Google: viz.

Ok, let us never speak of this again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're making me hot.

5/12/2006 4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2006