09 August 2006

I love the marine layer

The garden appears to have survived my absence despite a somewhat clueless housesitter, although the Leucospermum is not too happy about it. We survived ungodly weather, a hornworm holocaust, more daylilies than I care to recall, and a lovely tour of the Arnold Arboretum, and we photographed none of it. I rushed around with a flashlight as soon as we got back, making sure everything was ok. Few developments, aside from wilting, and a single unopened lily bud. The first flowers have appeared on the Zauschneria/Epilobium. I'll try photography again soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

aka badthings ... I had to smile at this post, even though it really could have been a post about a tragedy. We go through the same thing everytime my husband and I leave on one of our trips. Some people go away on vacation and worry about their children left with a babysitter. Our kids are all grown.

I worry about the garden. :-D

You made my day today -- I needed a laugh and when I read your "about me" page, particularly this line:
He would also like the raccoon to stop shitting on his lilies. I snorted -- that sip of coffee almost went down the wrong way. Heheh.

Anyway, I love your garden blog. Your photos, the reviews you post -- your garden journal (those tomatoes you grew this year sound fantastic I need to try those next year...) found you through BPOTD. thanks for some great postings. I'll be back to read more.
Maureen

10/11/2007 1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Maureen. The raccoon did stop shitting on the lilies -- although, to be fair, I think the culprit may have been one of our hateful neighborhood cats on a particularly bad diet.

10/11/2007 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2006